Release 2.0 adds support for SQL Server 2008, but is also fully compatible with SQL Server 2005.
The release consists of:
• A Readme file
• The Executable
• The source code (Visual Studio project)
This release is designed and tested to work with SQL Server 2005, Service Pack 1 or later.
Enhancements from V1 include:
- Support for automatically handling partition-aligned indexed views in SQL Server 2008
- Handles sparse columns and filtered indexes in SQL Server 2008
- Accommodates the new date and time data types in SQL Server 2008
- Clustered index is always created first
- New command “CreateStagingClusteredIndex” supports creating only the Clustered Index to optimize a load of presorted data; additional indexes can be automatically built later using “IndexStaging”
- Support for Nullable partitioning keys
- Support for compressed tables and indexes in SQL Server 2008
- Default constraints are inherited from the partitioned table to assist with data loading into staging tables
- Connection Timeout eliminated
Test scripts for both SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 are included in the Visual Studio project. To modify or compile the source code, please use Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or later.